National Network of Parent Carer Forums C.I.C
The National Network of Parent Carer Forums (NNPCF) is the independent national voice of parent carer forums.
Our mission is to deliver better outcomes for families living with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). We aim to:
- create a culture of participation and co-production across the education, health, social care and the voluntary sectors. This means that we are involved in all aspects of designing, commissioning, delivering and reviewing services as an equal partner.
- empower our members to ensure that their voices are heard at a local, regional and national level
- inspire our partners by sharing good practice and knowledge.
Our vision is a for the best possible opportunities and futures for all children and young people with SEND and their families
The NNPCF is a representative organisation, it consists of up to 152 local parent carer forums at any time across England. Each of the 9 geographical local authority regions are collectively represented within the NNPCF Steering Group. This means that each region has a parent carer forum representative whom has been appointed to represent their regional and local interests at the national level to empower and enable strategic parent carer participation.
Please see our NNPCF Talking Points and our work to see how parent carer forums experiences are shaping the national conversation and influencing policy changes across England.
Take a look at our most recent conference highlights reel to hear from our member Parent Carer Forum representatives themselves.
- A message from the NNPCF steering group.
- Covid 19 vaccinations for children – an update
- Powers of the SEND tribunal to make non-binding recommendations extended
- The Foundation for People with Learning Disabilities launches PELICAN – Promoting Emotional Literacy in Children with Additional Needs.
- NNPCF and Contact announced as strategic parent carer coproduction partners for CYP learning disability and autism team