What we do
We think about our work in four simple stages
Listening to our membership
The lived experiences of our members form the basis of everything we do. We use a variety of means to listen to our membership.
Over the course of the year the steering group and national representatives have:
- Attend hundreds of local, regional and national meetings, events and activities,
- conduct frequent member surveys,
- seek feedback on consultations and calls for evidence,
- learnt from tens of thousands of interactions on our closed social media group,
- a two-day national conference usually attended by over 200 representative delegates,
- As well as talking, face to face, with thousands of parent carers.
How do we feedback?
- We also use these and other activities to feedback to our members, all families with SEND and other stakeholders on the work we are doing:
- At regional meetings
- At our national conference
- Speaking at local regional and national SEND events with our partners such as at the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists, the NASEN conference and the National SEND conference
- Through social media
- Though our website with regular posts and new pages
Our annual report gives a more detailed overview of our activities and the work within our regions. Below is the annual report library.